CV - Ezekiel Angbashim Kigbo Jr
I am a polyglot software developer with a keen interest in crafting meaningful web based applications.
Pushing the envelope, getting dirty with code, understanding clients, providing solutions that are user focused and championing cutting edge design are my passions.
I've had the opportunity to work across some interesting areas with a diverse group of people, allowing me to grow my skills in areas such as:
- Agile development
- Verbal and written communication
- User centered design and UX
- Stakeholder engagement
- Responsive design
- API development
- Programming, programming, programming and programming
I am constantly looking to grow, professionally and personally, so when i'm not crunching 1's and 0's you can find me exploring the world, capturing sounds as The Atlas Room, documenting my adventures through the viewfinder or doing my best to copy Andres Iniesta on the soccer field.
- Frontend - React / Redux, AngularJS (1.x.x), BackboneJS, CSS, HTML5
- RESTful APIs - ExpressJS / HapiJS, Django, Laravel
- Databases - Mysql, Postgres, MongoDB, SQLlite
- Tools - Git, Webpack, Gulpjs, Composer, shell scripting
- Deployment - Docker, Ansible
- Testing - Jest, Jasmine, Mocha, Chai, PHPUnit, Codeception, Protractor
- Creative coding - Webaudio, WebGL, Processing framework (Java) / openFrameworks (C++) / Supercollider
Bachelor of Computer Science (2006 – 2010) The University of Newcastle, NSW
Common Code (2016 - Present)
Working in fast-paced, highly agile agency environment across a range of projects, predominately working on feature builds for new startups, shipping code regularly and working closely with clients in a cross functional team.
- Full stack development (React + Django / NodeJS)
- Working on a mixture of green field projects and existing codebases
- Regular sprint planning, standups, estimation and reviews
- Working closely with designers and product owners to refine user stories
- Mentoring and supporting new developers and team members
- Contributing to new knowledge through internal presentations
Freelance / Contracting (2010 - Present)
- YouLi - Full stack development (NodeJS + Angular)
- SquareAway - Full stack development (Laravel + Angular)
- HaleyK - Design & Development
- LogoLogix - Development
- Seascape Design & Drafting - Development
- MervDesign - Development
- Negative Films - Development
Fellow - Neighbourhood Justice Centre (2015 – 2016)
Code for Australia - Fellowship overview
- User research and ideation
- Rapid prototyping proposed solutions
- UX / UI development
- DevOps - Deployment, server management
- Organising and facilitating sessions for user feedback
- Project management for multiple concurrent projects
- Being available to provide technical advice on day to day problems and upcoming projects
- Stakeholder engagement
- Talks and presentations to promote the work of the NJC and Code for Australia
Coordinator - Online development (2011 – 2015)
La Trobe University
- Library system implementation (2014-2015) - Assisted with UX and implementation, integrating systems and content, providing solutions to technical challenges
- Training system for students, staff and internal staff (Continually reviewed) - UX, Testing, UI and development
- Academic referencing tool (Continually reviewed) - UX, Testing, UI and development
- Library website redevelopment (2013?) - Working within a team to assist with Information architecture, UX, Testing, Implementation
- Skills Essentials (2013) - Developing reusable, responsive, mobile-first activities for e-learning
- Educational resources development (Continually reviewed) - Multimedia production, adobe flash and captivate development
- Contributing to maintaining the quality of Library web services according to the University and Library standards
- Working collaboratively with the Library Web Coordinator and other Library staff in the application of web technologies to library services.
- Exploring and prototyping emerging trends in web technologies and making recommendations in the context of Library's clients
- Assisting in ensuring Library web services meet the strategic directions of the Library.
- Assisting in coordinating the creation of content for and maintenance of the Library website and staff intranet (Sharepoint) site.
- Managing multiple projects
- Participation in various committees and working groups
Web Productions Officer (2009 – 2011)
Centre for Teaching & Learning, University of Newcastle
- Managing and coordinating the production of web-based promotional and informative materials associated with the Centre’s core operations, for both staff and students, in collaboration with the University’s Corporate Information Division.
- Ongoing maintenance of all web-based resources for the centre
- Manage communication and information dissemination projects by designing and developing web-based materials associated with the Centre’s core operations.
- Coordinate the web-based projects to promote and inform the University and broader community about all teaching and learning events and achievements.
Library Information Common Rover (2007 – 2009)
University of Newcastle
- Providing front line IT and general customer service to staff and students
- Taking responsibility for the cleanliness and maintenance of the computing facilities at all times (24hr access)
- Taking responsibility for the completion of set tasks allocated by other staff members (usually in the form of creating digital archives of materials or testing systems and procedures)
Checkout operator (2005 – 2007)
- Front line customer service
References can be provided upon request.
Please think of the trees and don't print this unless you absolutely have to :)